WORK WITH US!
Thank you for your interest in working with us! We are looking for dedicated followers of Jesus who are passionate about making a difference. God has called you to use your gifts and talents for His purpose. Maybe He’s calling you to work on your church staff as one of the ways to fulfill that purpose!
Pastor of Youth & Community
ABOUT BROOKSWOOD BAPTIST CHURCH:
Brookswood is a multi-generational community church located in Langley, BC. We are committed to creating a welcoming gospel-centered environment where individuals and families can grow in their faith journey. Our church exists to love God and lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus and we are passionate about reaching and equipping the next generation of believers.
The Pastor of Youth and Community plays a pivotal role in ministering to, equipping, and leading the church’s youth and helping us reach our community with the good news of Jesus. We are seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated, and experienced individual who will be instrumental in shaping the spiritual growth and development of the next generation within our congregation and helping us reach unchurched youth and families in the community.
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time
- Lead, teach and inspire youth to have deep & lasting relationships with God and others.
- Develop biblically based, Jesus-centered, disciple-making ministries for our youth.
- Engage our congregation in creative efforts to show and share the gospel to the unchurched individuals and families in the Brookswood community.
- Partner with the Lead Pastor and the congregation in carrying out the mission of Brookswood Church to lead people of all ages into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Discipleship and Mentoring:
- Form and equip a leadership team for our youth ministry.
- Foster a culture of discipleship by equipping young people with tools for spiritual growth.
- Establish mentorship relationships with youth to help guide them in their faith.
- Plan and coordinate regular engaging gatherings, activities, and retreats for youth.
- Establish short and long-term goals and annual plans to accomplish our mission to lead students into a growing relationship with Jesus.
- Partners with parents to help them disciple and provide spiritual care for their teenagers.
- Collaborate with other ministry leaders to integrate the next generation into the broader church community.
Outreach and Evangelism:
- Develop and implement strategies to serve and reach out to unchurched youth and families in the community with the gospel.
- Encourage and equip young people to share their faith with their peers.
- Builds relationships between Brookswood Church and community organizations (i.e., High schools, elementary schools, refugee organizations, community services, etc.)
Administration and Communication:
- Maintain accurate records of ministry activities and budgets.
- Communicate regularly with parents and guardians about upcoming events and opportunities.
- Utilize various communication platforms to engage and connect with young people.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor to assist in the overall ministry.
- Has a passionate and growing relationship with Jesus sustained through personal spiritual disciplines.
- Models and embodies Christlikeness and leads with humility, character, and love.
- Be a self-starter and team player who can inspire people towards personal growth and service.
- Has an evangelistic heart with the ability to build strong relationships in the church and community.
- Is a committed and constant advocate for a biblical worldview; lovingly engaging cultural topics and issues with grace and truth.
- Supportive of Brookswood’s statement of faith, vision, values, and practices.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bible school or seminary degree in pastoral/youth ministry
- Experience in leading and ministering to youth or young adults.
- Proven track record in church ministry and ministry development.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to recruit, train, and motivate volunteers.
- Proficiency in using technology for ministry purposes.
- A team player who can collaborate effectively with other church leaders.
SPIRITUAL GIFTS: Leadership, administration, communication, evangelism, encouragement, service.
- 40 hours per week.
- 70% Youth, 30% Community Outreach.
Candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and list of references to the Search Team through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Search Team may request additional information as needed (e.g., questionnaire, doctrinal statement, additional references).