Pastor of Youth & Community
THE STORY OF BROOKSWOOD:
We believe that the Bible is the revealed Word of God, fully inspired, written under the direction of the Holy Spirit. It has supreme authority of faith and conduct. Brookswood is a community-oriented church in the heart of Brookswood, Langley, BC. We strive to create a sense of community and family, supporting and loving each other. We aim to be an example of Christ’s love to those around us and to live out our evolving mission: Passionate about people finding and following Jesus Christ in our local community. Together we are invested in the future of Brookswood, and we want see our church grow in influence and impact in our community and in God’s kingdom.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND QUALIFICATIONS
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor
POSITION PURPOSE: The primary role of the Pastor of Youth & Community is to:
1. Design, oversee and engage with a meaningful, strategic, Christ-centered, disciple-making youth ministry with and for teenagers in and around Brookswood church.
2. Develop and oversee creative and effective efforts to demonstrate and declare the gospel to our immediate and extended community.
3. Provide practical and strategic support to the Lead Pastor.
MINISTRY FIT: The Pastor of Youth and Community:
1. Has a passionate and contagious love for Jesus that is evident and profound.
2. Be a team player who can inspire people towards personal growth and service.
3. Has an evangelistic heart with the ability to build strong relationships in the church and community.
4. Is a committed and constant advocate for the biblical worldview; being brave and graceful in engaging with secular and contrary issues that are present in our culture.
5. Agrees with and is passionate about the mission, vision, and values of Brookswood Baptist Church.
6. Senses God’s calling to be a leading contributor to a church culture in:
6.1. Worshipping and knowing God
6.2. Sharing grace through building healthy relationships.
6.3. Effective replicating discipleship.
6.4. Personal service and ministry in our church and community.
6.5. Sharing the Gospel message with the unsaved.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
1. YOUTH MINISTRY:
1.1 Designs and implements a strategic youth ministry for the youth in and around Brookswood Church that addresses their spiritual and social growth.
1.2 Develop and equip a team of youth leaders to assist in leading the youth ministry.
1.3 Partner with and support Parents of teenagers to provide spiritual care for their teenagers.
1.4 Provide a safe, creative, supportive, and inviting space for teenagers to gather where Christ is exalted, and mutual love and encouragement is promoted.
1.5 Provide a safe space for challenging dialogue and biblical learning.
2.1 Creatively engage the Brookswood community with the love and good news of Jesus.
2.2 Acts as a liaison between Brookswood Church and community organizations (i.e., High schools, elementary schools, social services, refugee organizations, community services, etc.)
2.3 Prayerfully develops and promotes ministry opportunities in the community for the purpose of involving church members to impact Brookswood’s community with the gospel.
2.4 Provides training and equipping of members for strategic community involvement and service with the purpose of reaching people for Christ.
3.1 Other related duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor to assist in the overall ministry.
3.2 Participate in preaching/teaching as designated by the Lead Pastor.
3.3 Participate in pastoral duties such as weddings, funerals, baptisms, and counselling.
3.4 Participate in BCBC and BGC sponsored activities where appropriate.
3.5 Participate in interdenominational and community events where appropriate.
3.6 Other duties as assigned to provide support for the initiatives of the Lead Pastor.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• eBible school degree in pastoral ministries or seminary degree (Bachelors or Masters)
• Related leadership and/or management training preferred.
• Experience in managing volunteers such as supervisor or director.
• Proven track record in church ministry and ministry development.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent communication and relational abilities.
• Ability to oversee, lead and facilitate a team.
• Well organized; accurate and attentive to detail.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to think strategically for growth and to problem-solve.
• Overall positive attitude with a servant heart.
SPIRITUAL GIFTS: Leadership, administration, communication, evangelism, encouragement, service.
• 40 hours per week.
• 70% Youth Ministry, 30% Community Outreach.
• There is an expectation that some volunteer hours would be spent in community activities/services outside of the church.
Candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and list of references to the Search Team through email at email@example.com. The Search Team may request additional information as needed (e.g., questionnaire, doctrinal statement, additional references).